Peter Bowman was working for a dealer group and wanted to chat to his Financial Advisors about how to market themselves better, but never felt there was enough time. As a result he wrote the book “Service 7”.
In this episode we cover the point in his last chapter – Evaluate to Prepare for Growth.
To prepare for growth in your business you need to take stock of where you are currently. The easiest way to do this is to run your next idea through this checklist.
7 criteria to evaluate a business idea:
- Does it add value to the client and your business?
- Will your existing clients like it?
- Will it help your reputation and what you want to be known for?
- Can it help attract new clients to your business?
- Will it help you look after your clients better and to deliver better service outcomes?
- Can it enhance the way you do business?
- Will it create the future you want?
If you don’t say yes to the above then you need to question if the idea is something you should implement or is it change just for the sake of change?
Want more? Go here to listen to episode 6 in this series “How to Create an Amazing Customer Experience so it’s Easy to do Business With You“.
Peter Bowman is the recent author of Service 7, a new book designed to offer simple steps to help professional service providers improve their business. He has worked within his own consultancy, tutored, and lectured at the University of Newcastle, Australia. He has created and implemented frameworks to deliver to his own clients valuable client and business outcomes. He has also worked in professional environments for over a decade for both institutionally owned and independently owned financial services businesses.